Ahmed Musa’s goal during Nigeria and Iceland match at the just concluded 2018 FIFA World Cup tournament in Russia has been ranked the eighth best of the 169 goals.
The 25-year-old Super Eagle’s winger who plays for English team Leicester City scored the only two goals in second group stage clash between Nigeria and Iceland.
His second goal from the game against Iceland was nominated alongside the top 17 goals of the competition. Unfortunately, he lost the award to France’s Benjamin Pavard whose stunning strike against Argentina was voted as the best goal of the tournament. See the full list below;
1. Benjamin Pavard (France) vs Argentina
2. Juan Quintero (Mexico) vs Japan
3. Luca Modric (Croatia) vs Argentina
4. Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal) vs Spain
5. Lionel Messi (Argentina) vs Nigeria
6. Denis Cheryshev (Russia) vs Croatia
7. Nacer Chadli (Belgium) vs Japan
8. Ahmed Musa (Nigeria) vs Iceland
9. Ricardo Quaresma (Portugal) vs Iran
10. Toni Kroos (Germany) vs Sweden