President Muhammadu Buhari in a letter sent to the Senate and read out by Senate President Bukola Saraki at plenary today requested the Senate to confirm the appointments of 23 members of the National Population Commission (NPC).
Buhari also sought the Senate’s approval to appoint Mr. Festus Okoye as National Commissioner, Independent National Electoral Commission, and two non-judicial practitioners as members of Federal Judicial Service Commission. Below are the names of the 23 nominees to represent their various states at the NPC;
- Mr. Nwanne Nwabuisi (Abia),
- Dr. Clifford Zirra (Adamawa),
- Mr. Chidi Ezeoke (Anambra),
- Mr. Isa Buratai (Borno)
- Navy Capt. Charles Ogwa (Rtd.) Cross River.
- Mr. Richard Odibo (Delta),
- Mr. Okereke Onuabuchi (Ebonyi),
- Mr. Olusegun Aiyrjina (Edo),
- Mr. Ejike Ezeh (Enugu),
- Mr. Abubakar Damburam (Gombe)
- Prof. Uba Nnabue (Imo).
- Dr. Abdulmalik Durunguwa (Kaduna),
- Mr. Suleiman Lawal (Kano),
- Prof. Jimoh Isah (Kogi),
- Dr. Sa’adu Alanamu (Kwara),
- Mr. Nadir Kwarra (Nasarawa),
- Mr. Aliyu Datti (Niger),
- Mrs. Seyi Olusanya (Ogun)
- Dr. Oladiran Iyantan (Ondo).
- Mr. Mudashiru Hussain (Osun),
- Mrs. Cecilia Dapoet (Plateau),
- Dr. Ipalibo Harry (Rivers)
- Mr. Sale Saany (Taraba).
The new non-legal practitioners to serve as members of the Federal Judicial Service Commission are: Mr. Abba Ali (Katsina) and Mr. Mohammed Sagir (Niger).